Hello

Thank you for having a look at my blog!
I've been away for a little while but I am back. I hope you enjoy my rambles!!!
If you wish to share this with your friends please do and if you have any comments by all means fire away.
I am planning to up date as often as possible

Lucy xx

Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Garrett A Chicago Tradition Coming to the UK soon! The Chicago Mix popcorn review

As far back as I can remember popcorn always conjures up warm feelings of being with family and friends.  My mum would treat me and sisters too movie night. She would make both sweet & salty popcorn, we would eat it up quickly.  strangely I have never made popcorn myself but I really enjoy eating it. These days every cinema visitor just would not be the same without a troff of popcorn, my sons love to share.



I have a wicked sweet tooth and savory snacks are my favourite.  So much to my delight I had been kindly sent some popcorn from Garrett Popcorn to review.  I had never heard of Garrett, however this is a rather well known luxury brand based in America, selling lip smacking popcorn since 1946. 


I am so used to seeing popcorn sold in the supermarket in little bags or in open boxes at the cinema.  When my sample arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the stunning bold retro style looking tins, very elegant, a touch of class looking daper, I hope the popcorn lives up to my expectations.

Garrett have a grand selection of tasty popcorn flavour, hopefully to suit most people, using the finest quality ingredients.

The Chicago Mix, CaramelCrisp, CheeseCorn, Buttery, Almond, CaramelCrisp, Pecan CaramelCrisp, Cashew CaramelCrisp, Macadmia CaramelCrisp.

I received the Chicago Mix, two types is popcorn mixed together. This mixture was created by Garretts' loyal fans as they wanted something sweet and salty.


The Caramel Crisp; The kernels of rich butter notes, sweet brown sugar and a crème brûlée crunch combination. The tasty caramel is crunchy with every bite, these made my mouth water.
 
The Cheese Corn; Stirred in freshly-melted sharp cheddar cheese, the cheesy kernels got my taste buds working, picking up the salty, creamy, cheesy flavour, the kernels are light and almost melted in my mouth.

The flavours and the textures are so different individually, both nice but when eaten together the contrast works a dream, a real treat. Its was easy to get carried away with this tasty sensation.  My family really enjoyed tucking in, they have not asked for chocolate, biscuits or crisps all week, only wanting popcorn.  Which is been good for me as I limited their sugar intake.   I too have been counting the calories, an average 30g serving of Garrett popcorn is approximately 170kcal. Due to the handcrafted nature, nutrient values may vary.   


Garretts' first shop was based in Chicago, proving very popular and now is a Chicago Tradition, with shops all over Chicago.  Garrett cooks the kernels in an old fashioned traditional way, in copper kettles, this process is still done today also freshly made daily by hand in batches. Definitely Garrett are popcorn giants with 70 years of experience, selling the finest flavours in their Chicago, Las Vegas & New York stores. Garrett has gone global with brunches now Asia & The Middle East.   

I have some tasty news as Garrett are going to open their first UK bunch in London.  Location is still to be confirmed.  This is exceptional popcorn and I can not wait for the store to open and get tasting the other flavours.  I will be reporting back with details of the store and prices and what service Garrett will be providing to us locals.  So sit back, enjoy and watch this space.

If you have any questions please ask! 

This is an unsponsored post, however I have been given some delicious popcorn to sample! YUM!!!